25 August 2008

Little Milestone

The day has finally come and gone: Macy's first day of Pre-K. She was so excited she could hardly go to sleep last night and got up an hour early this morning. She will go to 'school' 5 days a week. I'll try to stay busy, too.

She got to meet 9 new classmates and she loves her new teacher, Mrs. Forrest. On Mondays, she will have music and on Wednesdays she will go to chapel.

I'm curious as to how chapel will go. She already loves church so much and we read a preschooler devotional each night and have conversations about God a lot. Tonight we read about how it is important to do good things so that people will know we love God and He loves them too. Just when I thought she was staring at the huge pink poodle toy on her bed, her little head dropped. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "But I do bad things."

I made sure that she knew that everyone does bad things, and that she does lots of good things too. I guess we better get ready for some serious questions from our little scholar soon. They DO grow up fast-in many ways... I'm just sayin'

3 comments:

sherri said...

Laws, 'il Macy's all done and growd up! I hope she enjoys pre K as much as they will enjoy her. Miss you guys.

Kayla said...

How sweet. Brenna amazes me at times too when she says something I didn't know she even knew to say. They do grow up so fast.

Anonymous said...

Macy is SO big! I can't believe she is starting school! WOW! Cute pictures too!