28 April 2010

What's in a (nick)name?

So, Macy likes to play veterinarian and Dr.'s office. We were in the play area a few months ago and I was lucky enough to be the vet to Macy's "little lamb with a hurt leg."

As we were playing and pretending to bandage the little lamb, Matthew kept crawling around getting in the way. Trying to include him and not stick him in the play pen again, I let him be my assistant. Enter Dr. Vinny Boombots (ya know... Rodney Dangerfield's hypothetical physician).

As we continued to administer care to make believe critters and as Matthew continued to interfere, Macy said, "Viddy! Viddy! What are you doing?!?" (she put her own twist on it) I thought nothing of it until...

A few days later Macy referred to Matthew as Viddy again randomly. Somehow a nick name that was meant to solely entertain me while playing with my daughter had stuck. Poor little Viddy. All 3 of us call him that now.

I guess Matthew has outgrown Little Man, Peanut, Tiny Love and Bam Bam. Viddy seems like a name that will stick around if only for entertainment's sake, which is fine with me. Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Ellen Humphries said...

Cute! I'll have to remember to call him that when we're high-fiven on Sundays!