22 February 2008

Coming Soon: Searching for Bobby Flay

“Every journey begins with a single move.”

Ok, so maybe that is the tag line for Searching for Bobby Fischer. Fischer. Flay. Whatever.

Anyway, when Bryan and I went to NYC a couple of years ago, we ate at MESA Grill, one of Bobby Flay’s restaurants. It was wonderful. One of the best dining experiences I’ve ever had. I ordered a chicken dish that was loaded with spices aptly named “12 Spice Chicken.”

In our recent quest for healthier living, I have been perusing a few Cooking Light magazines and found a great recipe, tasting similar to the one mentioned above, but not as many ingredients. Here goes:

Coat chicken with the following:
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground red pepper

Grill or broil chicken. Then cover chicken with 6 tbsp honey and 2 tsp cider vinegar that have been mixed together and place back on grill/under broiler for one minute. Yum!

Flay is no Colonel Sanders. I’ll figure out the other spices soon and let you know. Until then, “6 Spice Chicken” will have to do. I’m just sayin’.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Nathan told me you started a blog. I'll add you to my list. I love to keep up with my Georgia family this way.