29 April 2008

"You're the angry one!"

Okay. So back in September Macy brought home a family drawing (red ink) from preschool. The expression on my face in the sketch was quite accurate for that particular phase of her 3 1/2 year old life.

She had drawn many other pictures of us, but none like the one she brought home about 3 weeks ago (purple ink). I said, "Oh, Macy. Who's who?" to which she replied, "Daddy's the fun, happy one, I'm the small one and you are the angry one."

Nice.

I guess the parent who gives the most time-outs and says, "Stop!" and "Now, Macy" ends up being thought of as 'the angry one.' She could tell I didn't want to be the angry one, so she drew a happy mommy to put over the angry one (sketch on notebook paper below).

That was sweet of her. But that doesn't mean I'm looking forward to the next family portrait. I'm just sayin'











No comments: